The "Good Old Boys on 75M"

Subject: The "Good Old Boys on 75M"
From: Gary Schwartz <garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net> (Gary Schwartz)
On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Al Quaglieri wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, N7AVK wrote:
>
> >      I have every right to a clear frequency... especially during a
> > contest... and will use every method I know of to use that frequency...
> > especially when being the object of flak from the deviants. I have in the
>
> Even if it involves demolishing ongoing QSOs plus or minus 3 kHz from my
> frequency....
>
> Al NN2U

Al, if you are having trouble with a station +/- 3 kHz away, I think you
need to look at buying a new radio.  Furthermore, nobody should have the
right to claim a 6 kHz exclusive zone around their frequency....the days
of AM are long gone.

73,
Gary K9GS    (You have to STOP the Q-Tip when there's resistance !)
        | Gary Schwartz  K9GS           E-Mail: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net |
        | Society of Midwest Contesters   Packet:K9GS@WA9KEC.WI.USA.NOAM |
        | Greater Milwaukee DX Association Secretary/Treasurer           |