ARRL DX Contest rules (USA working VE)

Subject: ARRL DX Contest rules (USA working VE)
From: Jeffrey Clarke <jdclarke@freenet.columbus.oh.us> (Jeffrey Clarke)

   After my screw up in Sweepstakes I want to make sure I understand I

   have the rules straight for ARRL DX . I noticed someone put a post

   on the reflector about USA working VE 's in the ARRL DX Contest. I'm

   just wondering when did the rules change allowing the US to work

   Canada in this contest ????  In the past it's always been W/VE working

   the world . From what I understand the USA can work Canada for QSO

   points (3) but VE station gets 0 points for working the US . Does

   this seem strange ??? Why would a VE even bother the work the US when

   they don't get points ( or a multipler ) ?  I signed on the the ARRL

   web page and this is what the rules say .

            So all you multi-multi's out there don't forget to point your

   beams toward the great white north when the condx suck (which they will)

   and grab those extra points. CU in the pileups.......

                           Jeff KU8E  (will be operating at WD8LLD
                                       multi-op)

 *      Jeffrey D. Clarke   jdclarke@freenet.columbus.oh.us       *