80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!

Subject: 80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 10:25:10 1996

>How deep would you have to go in the swamp-like condx Charlie's talking
about ?

Hiya, Bob --

   Good question and it got me thinking more about Wizzer's predicament.
 You'd have to go down far enough to reach something solid for the tower
footing.  There's no soil strength available so you'd have to go quite a bit
larger for the base and anchors.  Any engineers out there want to take a stab
at that one?

    What's the weight of concrete - a ton per yard or two something like
that.  If you poured 2-4 yards, it'd probably settle just fine due to its
weight.  Haven't run into this one before so I don't know other options are
available.  If this was a commercial job, they'd run equipment out there
anyway somehow, etc.  All those things cost money especially when you build
it to the engineering drawings; not your typical ham "budget" project.
 Actually, using a trailer-mounted pumper is pretty reasonable; they can pump
up to 400 feet and they're only $75/hour or so.  The snorkel types run more.
 The hard part will be getting the form installed.

  Thanks for your question and 73,    Steve     K7LXC