Re[2]: 80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!

Subject: Re[2]: 80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!
From: sawyers" <sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
I really hesitate to touch this one.

I do see two ways of doing this. One is a permanent installation, ie
footings to something solid and wind loads and engineering ie. read
expensive. To put up any permanent structure in a swamp, you need to get
the footings down to something solid that will support the load, and will
not freeze. This is for the footings for the tower. For the guy anchors you
need something that will support the side load generated generator by the
guy pull, and you need enough mass so that the concrete weigh minus the
weight of the equivalent volume of swamp water and goo will resist the up
lift component of the guy forces.

You will need a soil analysis - runs a couple of K bucks, engineering time,
then pumps to drain the water - maybe a coffer dam .... You get the idea.

The other is field day style. Small diameter push up pole and guy ropes
tied to trees, with the understanding that this is a semi temporay
installation in a clear fall zone. If a tree falls in the woods, who cares.
If it falls on your house or your neighbors house then it is a much more
significant problem.

This could be supported by a post driven in the ground with appropriate
insulator.

Also don't go near this if the wind is blowing.

de n0yvy steve

My company and I agree on one thing - my opinions are my own.