Qsling

Subject: Qsling
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Tue Mar 12 23:57:33 1996

Marty, W8AKS wrote:

>These Qsl's turned an negative
>attitude into a positive one. One that tolerated my hobby and allowed the
>new antennas, etc. This I try to remember when the Qsl's come in.
> Think about it, guys. Remember your days and what the Qsl's meant to
>you!

How true! Remember the first time you contacted PY on 15 meters in the
novice band? Remember how you thought you were 'hot stuff?' Remember how
good you felt when that QSL came in?

That "warm fuzzy" is still felt by a lot of hams who give us points,
especially if you're a new state/country/grid square/(insert designator
here) for them.

So, take pause the next time you get that 400-card buro shipment, or the
QSL with no SASE. If it's a ham unfamiliar with the "rules" of QSL'ing,
remember that you were there once, too. Educate them. The more we
POLITELY spread the word about the importance of SASE's, the better off
we will all be. We might even get a few new contesters out of the lot;
how bad can that be?

73,

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                              Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL       WWW=http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean/   DXCC:306 wkd/302 cfmd

               "Keepin' up with the Jones's is killing me..."