Andrews Hardline connector question

Subject: Andrews Hardline connector question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 16:25:37 1996
>What is this stuff, where is available and does it have a Scoth part #?

Hiya, Walt --

  There are 2 tapes - Super 33+ and Super 88; 88 is about 20% thicker but
they have the same properties.  Any electrical supply store or electronic
distributer that handles  Scotch products will probably have them.  They're
$3-4 per roll but worth it.  Do yourself a favor and don't use the "10 rolls
for $1.99" hardware store specials.

>I know Scotch makes a "self-annealing" tape but I can't seem to find it
anywhere in >Northern new Jersey.  Does anyone know the Scotch part # for
this tape, too?

   3M has a number of products in this line  and I don't have the catalog.
 The phone number I have is an old one so I'll try to get you a number you
can call to get additional product info.

>Let's see if I have this right: You apply a total of 5 layers of  tape over
the joint?

   Well, four is usually sufficient but I was giving the Andrew spec.  This
is an bomb-proof, highly reliable industrial-standard weatherproofing
technique.
That's what you want in your tower and antenna system, don't you?

73 and good luck,    Steve   K7LXC