Dxpeditions and Skinny Cats.

Subject: Dxpeditions and Skinny Cats.
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Wed Mar 20 11:25:40 1996

> For those of you that believe that Dxpeditions are made by Fat
>Cats with loaded wallets here is a breakdown of our KP4 trip for
>WPX SSB.
>  Average airfare cost per person- 250.00 R/T
>  Average meal cost for the whole week per person- 100.00
>  Rental vehicle split per  person-125.00
>  Lodging- Free
>  We're talking about 475.00 essential cost.

Yes, folks, it CAN be done this way. I spent 6 days in 6Y for less than
$500 including airfare and food. Lodging was free. It's just like
any other aspect of the world; make connections, 'cause they can save you
a LOT of money. I'm probably one of the 'poorest' readers on the reflector
(I make $11k a year), and if I can afford to go on contest expeditiions,
so can you.

A buddy of mine and I are working on something for ARRL DX CW 1997, so
it's not a one-time arrangement. If it's what you want to do, then as the
commercial says, Just Do It.

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                              Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL       WWW=http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean/   DXCC:306 wkd/302 cfmd