Tower paint etc.

Subject: Tower paint etc.
From: aa2du@netcom.com (aa2du@netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 10:43:25 1996
Greetings:

Some of you may be aware of my continuing litigation
against my town for their denial of a tower permit.
Yesterday, I received a decision from a NY State Supreme Court
judge annulling the ZBA's decision and calling them
"irrational, arbitrary and capricious."

Needless to say, I was overjoyed by this, but there
was some fine print (isn't there always?).  The judge
didn't direct the town to grant me a permit but instead
directed us to arrive at a compromise together.  Among
the possible examples cited by the judge was painting
the tower so it would blend in with the surrounding forest.

Does anyone have any experience with this?   Specifically
can I make this suggestion in good faith?  I am looking
for information on tower paints (other than ORANGE and WHITE)
that would hold up on a galvanized steel surface and wouldn't
hamper my safety and ability to climb the tower.

Thanks in advance,

J.P. AA2DU

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU  ARRL CAC Hudson Div. Rep.
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com

It's not a bug...It's a feature!