"Pirate" QRM

Subject: "Pirate" QRM
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Mon Apr 1 15:32:47 1996

Chad, WE9V, wrote:

>I was QRM'd Sunday on 20M by a person with a DVP who would go around
>and record other contester's CQs and replay them on my frequency.

Yep... he got me, too. He started off by playing my own CQ back to me,
and  I just blew him off. Then I heard KM1H's CQ, and managed to maintain
my jocularity over the situation. He didn't actually "get me" until he
played just a callsign to me, and then I took the bait.

So, somebody was having fun at our expense... what else is new?

BTW, thanks for the QSO's, everybody. Congrats to WE9V for taking the M/S
US call are 9 title from us by DOUBLING our score. Sheesh. :)

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                              Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL       WWW=http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean/   DXCC:306 wkd/302 cfmd