Third Parties

Subject: Third Parties
From: N1MM@aol.com (N1MM@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 4 19:34:15 1996
Shhhhh.....

I don't know why this hasn't been raised before, except for the fact that it
might end dx
contests as we know them!  Let's take CQWW for example...

If N1MM works G0MCD (George Zero Mad Cow Disease), clearly
N1MM is the first party and G0MCD is the second party.
Since there is no other operator, who is the
third party?  No bunky, it's not the mad cow....   Why the third party
is the CQ Magazine Contest committee, of course!  *They* are the ones
requiring me to send this extremely meaningful traffic to each station I
work.

Can you guess what countries with which we do not third party agreements
will do when they find out that *thousands* of these third-party messages
have be eluding their PTT's money-grubbing hands?  Think of the revenue they
could gain, if only we were required to use the telephone for these
important messages.

So I propose the following CQWW rule changes:

1.  Eliminate the signal report and zone.  These are dead give-aways of our
intention to deliver third-party traffic.

2.  Replace the above with "coded messages" as follows:
   Call Area      Message
        1             "Must have a pipeline to Europe today"
        2             "The microphone here is a studio ElectroVoice"
        3             "My contest club is better than your contest club"
        4             "I've been retired for forty-eleven years now"
        5             "Those gol-darn east coasters should get off 14.150"
        6             "Our weather here is great, I really feel sorry for
you"
        7             "Let's talk about my guns"
        8,9,0        No exchange required, DX cannot be worked from these
call areas.

The PTT's will never be able to recognize these as contest exchanges.
 Therefore we
are safe.  You might argue that these messages have meaningful content in
them. This of course would violate the "spirit" of the CQWW contest 59xx
exchange.  Not to  worry. You simply have not been on the air long enough to
realize
that the above are the *only* messages emitting from these call-areas during
non-contest periods.

I am sure that similar changes could be made to ARRL DX and WPX and I will
leave it to their respective contest committees to creatively modify the
above
to meet the need.

73,
Tom

P.S. If I have insulted your call-area, good.  My call area is closer to
Europe than yours, therefore I am a superior human being.