I.C.E. = Great Customer Service!

Subject: I.C.E. = Great Customer Service!
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Thu Apr 4 20:22:26 1996
 Hi!
  Just in case some of you did not get a chance to read the my
little story on the KP4XS M/M effort I thought I would relate a
very pleasant experience we had with I.C.E.
    We accidentally burned out our 20m bandpass filter and could
not find the parts anywhere in Western Puerto Rico the day
before the contest started. In a last ditch effort I called
I.C.E. hoping to order a new filter and hoping they could UPS it
overnight to Puerto Rico. It was 5 PM local time which was 3 PM
in Indiana. They could have easily made a sale for a new filter
and charged the appropriate overnight charges but, much to my
surprise, the friendly salespersons voice at the other end made
a great suggestion." Why don't I just Overnight all the
replacement parts to you via UPS?" Not only did he get the parts
to me the next day which was Friday,the start of the test, but
he only charged me the UPS postage to boot. I never sensed any
hesitation or the feeling that I was being a pain in the ass to
him. I commend I.C.E. for being responsive to the needs of their
 customers and for assisting us in our moment of angst.
 The ops at KP4XS will do business with I.C.E. in the future!
   73 Ken