Another Attack on Contesting and non-contest QRG

Subject: Another Attack on Contesting and non-contest QRG
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Sat Apr 6 18:19:41 1996

Mats, SM7PKK, wrote:

>I thought that we already had a non-contesting band above 14.300 and is
>there not already=20
>a /mm net on one of those higher frequencies so the problem is solved.

Hmm...I dunno. During the WPX SSB test, I (and many others) spent a
significant amount of time CQ'ing above 14.300. If there is an "official"
policy dissuading contesting above 14.300, I haven't heard about it.

I think non-contest frequencies is, much to my (and others) dismay, an
issue we are going to have to deal with soon. There has already been a
precedent for non-contest freq's set with the elimination of 28.300 to
28.350 during the ARRL 10 Meter contest. I imagine this elimination of
spectrum during contest weekends will likely increase, despite what I
think are reasonable arguments why there SHOULDN'T be restrictions. Then
again, not everybody sees this issue in the same light; ask any
participant in a weekend net.

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                              Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL       WWW=http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean/   DXCC:306 wkd/302 cfmd