1996 TEXAS QSO PARTY

Subject: 1996 TEXAS QSO PARTY
From: W5HNS@aol.com (W5HNS@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 02:17:47 1996

The 1996 Texas QSO Party is around the corner.  Here are the new rules for
1996.  Please pass these on to
interested parties.  tnx  73

Contest:  TEXAS QSO Party

Time:  04/1400Z-05/2200Z

Classes:
Single op, Multi-single and Texas Armadillo Expedition
Mixed Mode Only

Exchange:
Send QSO# and Texas County or State/Canadian Province

Rules:

Texas stations work everyone.  Others work Texas only.
Only one transmitted signal at a time.  CW QSOS must be made in CW
subbands, except on 160.  Work stations once per band/mode for QSO
points, work Texas Armadillo stations again on same band or mode as
they change counties for multiplier credit only.  Mults count only
once regardless of band or mode.
CW - 1.805 and 40 khz up
Phone - 1.850, 3.850, 7.230, 14.250, 21.300, 28.450.

Scoring:

Score 2 pts/QSO on phone and 3 pts/QSO on CW.  Final score is QSO
points x Texas  Counties (max 254).  Texas stations multiply by
states, Canadian Provinces and Texas Counties.  DX counts for QSO
points only.

Awards:

Texas Wine Baskets and plaques to top class finishers.
Special awards to Texas Clubs with most logs submitted.
Special awards to multi-single and Texas Armadillo Expedition with the
most Novice/Tech operators( list them with a /T or /N in your list of
operators on summary sheet).
Work 50 or more Texas Counties for Special Commemorative Cap.
Work all 254 Texas Counties for free air fare to the 1996 Houston Ham
Convention!

Send logs and summary sheet via mail, disk or E-mail within 30 days.

Texas DX Society  POB 540291  Houston, Texas 77254
E-mail: KB5YVT@AOL.COM

Results will be posted on the Internet Contest Reflector or sent with
a SASE or via E-mail.