AI7B and TUCKER'S WEB SITE!

Subject: AI7B and TUCKER'S WEB SITE!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 12:11:30 1996

>The necessity of adding a line like this indicates that
>you know the rules but choose not to play by them.

      What are the rules?   All I know is that anyone doing something like
the aforementioned Tucker post will probably draw the wrath and flamage of
the contest reflector inhabitants.  I've never seen any rules but I've only
been here since January.  Bill, AA6TT, allowed the Radio Book Store to post
AN AD on the Topband reflector that had to do with a low band book sale.  I
thought that it was kind of interesting and the point was made that this was
only on a limited basis - but with the blessing of the reflector honcho
sysgod.  After reading it, I deleted it.  What's the big deal?  I didn't have
to read it.  I don't personally care if someone DOES have some sort of
connection to a particular product or service.  In that capacity, they
probably know more about the product or service and can offer REAL
information instead of folklore or misinformation.

      Isn't the sponsor of the reflector (TGV) in the profit business itself?
 Isn't WN4KKN/6 a benefactor of that endeavor?  If they weren't profitable,
Trey wouldn't have a job and we wouldn't have this great reflector.  Does TGV
specify that the reflector only be involved in non-pecuniary activities?
 Again, what are the rules?

73,  Steve   K7LXC