Loos Tension Guage

Subject: Loos Tension Guage
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 27 09:31:48 1996

>So it looks like what needs to be done is a calibration chart needs to be
>made by someone who has an accurate dynomometer, a Loos tension guage, and a
>few towers with various types and sizes of guy wire.

I was going to do a big calibration routine and post it to the list... but
after using mine to equalize the philly guys on my tower, I lost all
interest, as it is not necessary... I tightened my guys to just over 400#
 indicated  -  to allow for the extra stiffness of EHS  -  and the guys are
absolutely perfect to my eye, and twanging, etc...

If you must calibrate it... Suspend a sling with a piece of the cable to be
calibrated and load cement bags onto it until you are at the poundage you
desire...Then calibrate the Loos guage against your known load...

Denny