Hardline connectors

Subject: Hardline connectors
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 04:25:36 1996
I am shuddering at some of the remarks about homemade connectors for hardline.
The solution is very simple. There is a brass 3/4" to 1/2" fitting which, after
you cut off about 3/4" of the foam ( leaving the center conductor...and be sure
to clean it ) you merely screw the fitting onto the hardline. The brass threads
will cut through the aluminum, but still, take it easy...one turn in, 1/2 turn
out until it's finished. Solder a barrel connector to the 1/2" end before you
screw it on, and you're in business. Have scoped this fitting to about 500MHz,
with very small impedance bump at the high end. From 1.8 to 148, I couldn't
see the bump.

73, Ed

P.S. You CANNOT merely solder the center wires together and put a hose clamp
over it and tape it up. Their is such a thing as the dialectric of the
insulating
material.
Name: ed sleight
E-mail: k4sb@avana.net