RF Exposure limits

Subject: RF Exposure limits
From: kchen@apple.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Mon Aug 5 17:31:25 1996
Mike, N1IST, writes

> I know we aren't big guns, but this sure looks like trouble for
> anyone with a house-mounted (or balcony) antenna and 100W.
> Actually, this will probably also hit anyone operating mobile HF.

This may be less of a trouble than you think.
Roll back to 50 watts, and, unless I am not reading
it correctly, the rule is waived.

3 dB loss.  On a good day, you won't even notice the
half S-unit difference.  If anything, it will encourage
the design of higher efficiency antenna systems.

Funny that this appeared on the contest reflector.
You mean to tell me I am not the only one insane
enough to do contests from a balcony antenna?! :-)

73 (ummm, maybe 72 now :-)

Kok Chen, AA6TY                     kchen@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.