DX Cluster in contests

Subject: DX Cluster in contests
From: S56A@S55TCP.ampr.org (Marijan Miletic)
Date: Wed Aug 14 07:58:03 1996
Although our distinguished moderator asked for a change of subject, I feel free
to add few thoughts as a sole non-USA participant.  My limited expierence on
dull DX scene during WRTC with only 100 countries available surely supports
need for packet spoting.  Even recent WAE contest which permits use of DX
Cluster for everybody, would be even more boring with <40 countries per band!
The only DX runs left for EU are W's.  Fortunately we heard JA on 10m after a
two years pause.  It was nice to work many WRTC friends and get QRQ QTC from
them.  I am surprised that 4 loud S5 stations S50a, 0R, 8A and 9AA do not get
mentioned along other West EU booming signals.  We might develop "New England"
syndrome here!

73 de Mario, S56A, NH7/N1YU.

P.S.  Please find attached my 30 hours modest WAE score just for a fun.

SCORE 11-Aug-1996 S56A
WAEDC  CW  SINGLE OP.

 Band  QSOs Pnts Mult
-----------------------