VP2VE ???

Subject: VP2VE ???
From: kt6v@concentric.net (C.T. Morton)
Date: Sun Sep 15 16:21:18 1996
Anybody have an e-mail adr or ph number for Lee. Tnx Tom kt6v aka
VP2VDX.

From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid) (Jim Reid)
Subject: FCC and Credit Cards for Vanity

At 09:04 AM 9/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I would sincerely suggest that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES you even think about
>giving any credit card numbers while on-line. I don't care who the vendor is.

Well,  I don't know if it is that bad an idea.  For about 18 months
now we have been recv'ing CC#s  to our web site to pay for
Kauai flowers;  see our URL " planet-hawaii.com/charles/".

You will see that we pay monthly for an encryption type of service to
our server who is using some Netscape software.  We have many,
many users, and have never heard of a single problem  with CC
number theft.

I'll bet the Mellon Bank/FCC will have a VERY secure system before they
would ever consider asking for CC#'s for Vanity Calls.

Anyway,  should you go to the Kauai web site,  you will see some nice
views of our island,  and our flowers!  This is not a commercial,  just
info about using CC's and WWW shopping.

73,  Jim, AH6NB