Humor

Subject: Humor
From: WD8AUB@IX.NETCOM.COM (Douglas L. Klein)
Date: Thu Sep 19 19:53:49 1996
With a long call like WD8AUB, I often wonder if it would be fun to have
a shorter call.  True, many people know me as a true Die Hard CW man.
Others just know me.  And others ... well.  Anyway, they know me as
Doug, "AUB" or whatever.  It is a call I have had for 20 years.  You
know, like the other WD8 that everybody knows... WD8LLD.  Change calls?

Yeah, why not!!!  I finally passed my extra last year.  I deserve to
reward myself.

What's the point of this message?  Ok, I will get right to it.

While writing in my call choices on the FCC form, I selected a couple
for nostalgic reasons.  In a twisted way, I hope that I get one of
them.

Here are a few of them:

W9VW - the legend Hal Brooks old call.  May he rest in peace.
W4VW - same reason (Plus WD8LLD has W8VW as his first choice...
wouldn't        it be cool of we got W8VW and W4VW!!!)
K4AA - just one "V" away from the legend (any my hero) Dick Spenceley.
WD4KKN - Trey, are you listening.... hi hi

73, Doug ??4???  soon to be domiciled in Kentucky...