Please join SAC next two weekends!

Subject: Please join SAC next two weekends!
From: Jan-Eric.Rehn@ccmail.svt.se (Jan-Eric.Rehn@ccmail.svt.se)
Date: Thu Sep 19 14:54:26 1996
     "VERY" LAST MINUTE CONTEST REMINDER

     The 38th SCANDINAVIAN ACTIVITY CONTEST 1996

     CW: SEPTEMBER 21st 1500 UTC to SEPTEMBER 22nd 1800 UTC.
     SSB: SEPTEMBER 28th 1500 UTC to SEPTEMBER 29th 1800 UTC.

     Arranged by SSA, Sweden

     THE 38th SCANDINAVIAN ACTIVITY CONTEST 1996

     CW: September 21st 1500 UTC to September 22nd 1800 UTC.
     SSB: September 28th 1500 UTC to September 29th 1800 UTC.

     Logs to:

     SSA Contest Manager
     Jan-Eric Rehn, SM3CER
     P O Box 54
     S-863 22  SUNDSBRUK, Sweden.

     --------------------

     SHORTENED GENERAL RULES FOR NON-SCANDINAVIANS:

     1. Aim of the contest.

     The aims of the contest are to promote amateur radio activity within
     Scandinavia as well as to encourage amateur radio communications between
     Scandinavian and non-Scandinavian amateur radio stations.

     Scandinavian stations are defined by prefixes as follows: LA/LB/LG/LJ
     (Norway), JW (Svalbard and Bear Island), JX (Jan Mayen), OF/OG/OH/OI
     (Finland), OF0/OG0/OH0/OI0 (Aland Islands), OJ0 (Market Reef), OX
     (Greenland), OY (Faroe Islands), OZ (Denmark), SI/SJ/SK/SL/SM/7S/8S
     (Sweden) and TF (Iceland).

     4. Sections.
     a) Single Op./Single TX/Multi Band.
     Single Op./Single TX/Multi Band/QRP.

     b) Multi Op./Single TX/Multi Band.

     c) SWL.
     Single Op./Multi Band.

     5. Bands.

     3.5 - 7 - 14 - 21 - 28 MHz bands may be used according to IARU HF Band
     Plans. (NB: 3560-3600, 3650-3700, 14060-14125 and 14300-14350 kHz to be
     kept free of contest traffic).

     6. Contest exchanges.

     The Contest exchange consists of RS(T) plus serial number starting with
     001. (e.g. 59(9)001). QSO's after 999 are numbered 1000, 1001 etc. The
     same station may be worked once on each band. Cross-mode and/or cross-band
     QSO's are not allowed.

     7. Scoring.

     Two-way QSO with sent and received exchange counts for QSO-points.

     EUROPEAN stations credit their logs with one (1) point for every complete
     Scandinavian QSO on each band.

     NON-EUROPEAN stations credit their logs with one (1) point for every
     complete Scandinavian QSO on 14, 21 and 28 MHz and with three (3) points
     for such QSO on 3.5 and 7 MHz.

     8. Multipliers.

     Worked call-number areas (0 to 9) in each Scandinavian country are valid
as
     multiplier on each band (e.g. SI3, SK3, SL3, SM3, 7S3 and 8S3 are all in
     ONE district and counts ONE multiplier - not 6 multipliers - on each band).

     Portable stations without district number counts for the 10th area, (e.g.
     G3XYZ/LA counts for LA0). OF0/OG0/OH0/OI0 and OJ0 are two separate call
     areas. SJ9 counts for the 9th district in Sweden.

     9. Final score.

     To calculate the final score, multiply the sum of QSO-points on all bands
     with the sum of multipliers worked on all bands.

     10. Logs.

     Logs on diskette.
     IBM/MS-DOS PC-standard computerized logs are highly recommended when log
is
     submitted on diskette (3,5").

     N.B. The complete SAC rules can be found at:

     http://home.sn.no/~janalme/SAC/rules-dx.html

     73 and GL

     Jan-Eric Rehn/SM3CER
     SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN