Force 12 Dual Band 40M-80M Antenna

Subject: Force 12 Dual Band 40M-80M Antenna
From: w5gn@airmail.net (Barry Merrill)
Date: Tue Nov 5 15:48:35 1996
I inadvertently blew the balun on my 80Mtr Dipole just before the start
of SS, and later, when I realized I needing nearby multipliers I crossed
my fingers and loaded my 40MTR Force 12 Rotary Dipole thru the Johnson
KW Matchbox and WOW!  Not only did the SWR go to 1:1 smoothly, it really
played well.  I made 89 QSOs on 80, and only three times did I have to
repeat anything, only twice did I not get thru on the first call, and
over half of the time I beat someone on that first call!  I was running
the Alpha, and did not make a serious attempt to run 80 with it, and it
wouldn't go up to 3830 for SSB, but I was overjoyed that it worked at
all!  It even had noticeable directionality too!
Merrilly yours,
Barry Merrill w5gn@airmail.net