SS from NWT

Subject: SS from NWT
From: TELLAM@mccarthy.ca (Tim S. Ellam)
Date: Tue Nov 5 16:34:39 1996
Well I will have to think twice before doing it again! For some reason I had my
dates mixed up
and had planned my sojourn to VE8 for this weekend! After being reminded of my
error I had
to make some last minute changes which put a crimp on my operating time and had
me
scrambling for equipment.

Ran from 0300z to 0100z QRP with an Icom 706 and a Butternut HF6V. I had
horrendous static
and line noise on both 40 and 80 which really meant only being able to S&P the
strong
stations. I also had massive QSB-someone would have a huge signal one second
and then
abruptly disappear so I had to fight to make the exchange. 20 was in better
shape on
Sunday, but still had QSB and static-15 was quite and I could work anything
heard(which was
not much!)

I could only manage 102 Qs in 14 hours in terrible WX, still hope I gave a new
mult to some
although it sounds like NWT was fairly active this year.....

Only comic moment was the station who thought /8 indicated I was in W8-I got
several "MI?"
"OH?" before "NWT" was copied!!

Tim VE6SH