SO 2 radio backlash?

Subject: SO 2 radio backlash?
From: w2up@voicenet.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon Nov 18 11:22:36 1996
> On 18 Nov 96, De Syam <syam@glue.umd.edu> wrote:
>

> > Some of us who don't use two radios, like myself, still have the
> > occasional need to make a pit stop.  I don't use the computer to key my
> > rig, but I do use the "repeat" function on my MFJ Grandmaster keyer to
> > hold my run frequency while I am away from the rig briefly (never more
> > than 2 or 3 minutes).

 Over the years, I've heard stories about "arrangements" made so that
 one doesn't have to leave the operating position when nature calls.
 Anyone have further info or experience?
 73 Barry

 P.S. I try to time my depatures from the operating position when I am
 in S&P mode, so I don't unnecessarily tie up a frequency with endless
 CQs or the like.

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                           Internet: w2up@voicenet.com
Newtown, PA                   FRC            alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com

From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt) (Jim Pratt)

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Greg Fields wrote:

<snip>

> the SS CW test. This brings up another point. I understood you
> can't transmit on two frequencies at the same time. Are some

<snip>

The SS rules state that you can't "simultaneously transmit on more than
one frequency".  The dictionary defines "simultaneous" as:

"happening, existing or done at the same time".

I assume that to "transmit" means to emit power from a transmitter.  When
I operate two-radio, I am 100% certain I do not "simultaneously transmit"
due to a fool-proof lockout box.  I may, however, occupy two frequencies
at the same time...

Interesting discussion;  I hope it doesn't lead to more rules, that's
what we don't need more of.  Let's let people push the envelope and the
state-of-the-art in contesting and not thwart their efforts with regulations!

73, Jim  N6IG