SO 2 radio backlash?

Subject: SO 2 radio backlash?
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 23:12:27 1996
This is a late response to Gary, I am sure others have told you that almost
always there is only one band being cq'd on in two radio contesting.

The hot or run band is where the cqing is going on...as we all know that
isn't always productive...don't we wish someone always came back:-)

If you have one rig and you are cqing on that band again and again trying to
get some business you are flat out wasting over 50 percent of your brains
duty cycle.....or do you need to listen to every one of your cq's being sent
to ensure that CT didn't flub your call?

OK so radio 1 is cq-ing on the main workhorse band, while it is doing that
you are free to use your brain to do something else like tune another
band...S-ing and P-ing (P as in pounce, not Dr Pepper).

As you tune up the band on that second radio you hear someone calling cq that
you need. When your cq stops on the run band you call him....sometimes this
takes a while to synch out....or you can simply abort your cq on the cq band
for an instant while you call the other guy on band two.

When he comes back to you and gives you a report if you are cqing on the run
band you are lining up (hopefully) another qso.

BUT that lining up of another QSO is still on the same band you were CQing on
in the first place....so how can you be accused of using up two frequencies?

This technique is highly successful due to the fact that those who use it
usually have hardware intensive stations and are seldom asked for
repeats....repeats are the rhythm downfall of this system....as long as you
aren't asked for a repeat you are only "away" from your cq frequency for a
moment....and certainly NOT 4 CQ's worth!  I suspect someone was running to
the can for the other kind of P-ing....

I used to spend weekends listening to thousands of my CQ's...now I have found
something a lot more interesting to listen to............its not quite as
predictable!  Try it you'll like it...to those who poo-poo it - I bet they
still think that someone is CQing on two seperate bands......NOT!

k4oj

x-k1zx