The secret at WB9Z on 160m.

Subject: The secret at WB9Z on 160m.
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Sat Dec 7 21:45:14 1996

> Three of the louder stations that did not hear me even enough
>to send a ..--.. were K8RR, N2RM and K3ANS. What is WB9Z using
>for receive antennas? BTW, running 100 watts and a half sloper
>at 50 feet. 73 Ken N4UK South Carolina

Jerry has Beverages all over the nearby farmland. I think he has at least
7 of them.

He uses a 125-ft tower to transmit on 160.

He can hear!

73, Zack W9SZ

From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker) (Tony and Celia Becker)
Subject: 40mtr 2el Quad vs Yagi?

At 02:50 PM 12/5/96 PST, paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca (Paul Erickson) wrote:
>I was wondering if I should
>be looking at changing the outermost spreaders to accomodate a 40mtr
>quad, or if I should be looking for a 2 element 40mtr yagi.

When the group responsible for qualifying stations for WRTC-96 first began to
set the criteria, there ensued a fierce debate over whether to automatically
disqualify any station with a Quad as being unfairly advantaged.

Sort of speaks for itself.

73
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.