Observations of a 160M QRP station

Subject: Observations of a 160M QRP station
From: Nd3f@aol.com (Nd3f@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 8 12:06:42 1996
Happy holidays from FM19mg (in prep for Stew Perry test?)

1) Was glad to hear excellent "window behavior", net result
was that I was able to work some Europeans that I can't
normally get thru contest QRM.
2) Thanx, N4UK, for hearing my 'up 1', responding, and giving
me the SC mult!  I could hear you fine, 'off the back'.
3)Didn't hear the usual 'duck soup' Carib and SA stations.  Was
I the only one?
4) Worked very few W7s and no W6's, though I heard a few--no
west director on the antenna this time was a major score basher.
5) It's fun to hear "pleasant" exchanges--tu/gl/first names, etc--sorry
that I can''t convert vanity calls to first names for many stations (yet).
6) Many thanks for the patience shown to me to pull me out of the mud--
most folks got it the first or second time!
6) to the K8## vanity call station (think he is not on the reflector) who
initiated a frequency war well above 1850 (and won of course) not just
once or twice or three times but 4 times!!! during the weekend, I hope
that Santa brings you coal and switches--and I don't mean coaxial
switches--give us QRPers a break and find a CQ freq near 1800!
7) W3UR was awesome here (FM19lg), thank goodness for AGC!

We should have west director, balloon vertical and other minor improvements
for Stew Perry--but I think I'll stick with 34 dbm output!
73
Brian ND3F@aol.com