AL-1200 Amp Opinions Pls

Subject: AL-1200 Amp Opinions Pls
From: wstrahl@nwsca.nw.lucent.com (wstrahl@nwsca.nw.lucent.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 13:57:00 1997
I am considering acquiring a contest-quality amp, and I have heard
pretty favorable comments on the Ameritron AL-82 (2 3-500Z's).
Are there any users/opinions regarding the AL-1200 and if that one
might be a better choice ?  What plate voltage is used ?  Is it
'instant-on' ?  What kind of drive pwr for what output ?  How's the
blower noise ?  Can it handle a RTTY contest without melt down ?
Is it usuable on 12 & 17M ?  Are input circuits tuned/easily re-tuneable ?
Have there been any magazine reviews by astute people ?

All info/comments appreciated.

Happy contesting/DX'ing from my part of the black hole,

Wayne - W9II      wstrahl@nwsca.nw.lucent.com