[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ 160 SSB Contest and related topics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ 160 SSB Contest and related topics
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Tue Feb 25 06:26:51 1997
A spirited discussion has broken out on the Topband mailing list
regarding the CQ 160 SSB contest and whether it should be moved to a
different time of year.  In an attempt to compile some meaningful
feedback on the issue, Dan K8RF has stepped forward and volunteered to
collect your opinions about the CQ 160 SSB contest, dates, DX window
rules, etc.

Since there are a number of you who are only on this reflector, we are
going to solicit responses on both the CQ-Contest and Topband
reflectors.  Dan is going to collect and organize the responses, and
then summarize for all of us.  Since Dayton is not too far away, maybe
that will be an opportunity to present his findings to the CQ Contest
Committee.  There has been some discussion on the CQ-Contest Reflector
about moving the date for the CQ CW WPX Contest so our timing may be
ideal (hmmm...how about swapping dates for the CQ WPX CW and the CQ
160 SSB?).

Please send your inputs on CQ 160 SSB contests TO DAN AT wt8n@fuse.net
AND NOT TO THIS REFLECTOR.  All inputs and ideas are welcomed from big
guns, little pistols, contesters and DX'ers alike.  Here's your chance
guys!  Let's hear some constructive comments.

--Trey, N5KO