[CQ-Contest] March CQ out

Subject: [CQ-Contest] March CQ out
From: henrypol2@juno.com (Henry A Pollock)
Date: Tue Feb 25 12:16:39 1997
Made an early morning stop by the PO box this morning and found the
latest CQ.

Front cover photo of VE7SZ and some of his antennas with a description on
the Contents page.

K2EEK's editorial has some interesting thoughts on 'where we are and where we
are going', the ARRL WARC 99 Survey, and the CW 'requirement'.  This
got me to thinking of a possible solution for the 75 meter pig farmers - make
3900 to 4000 CW only (or at least during major phone contests).
That way you want be embarrassed when your spouse, young child or
grandchild walks into the shack.  Contesters use half of their contest
time operating CW, so why can't they use it some!

Contest related items:  Results 96 CQ WPX SSB Contest; Reviews of Kenwood
TS570D and W2IHY Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate; The 160 Meter
"Upside-Down" Antenna; Bill's Basics - Antenna Tuners & Related Matters
- Part II; and Contest Calendar - Managing the Art of Contest Courtesy.

Other interesting items:  CE0Z DXpedition to Juan Fernandez Island;
Doug's Desk - Power FETs and 60 Watt 6 Meter Amp; World of Ideas - QRP:
Red Hot & Cookin' - Part II; DX - The More Wanted Countries; Propagation
- Cycle 23, Great Years Ahead (I'm anxiously awaiting!); Math's Notes -
Primer on Optical Communications - Part III; and more.....

73 & good reading,

Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
Raleigh, NC