[CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics
From: n1rj@ime.net (Roger D. Johnson)
Date: Tue Feb 25 22:23:57 1997
I used to enjoy contesting on 160m. It seems that the "Gentlemans Band"
has died a tragic death with the appearance of the "Big Gun" contest
station with their "win at all costs" attitude.
 This past weekend, W2GD sat just above the DX window for most of the
contest rendering the top 2khz useless for working weak sigs. I am
getting tired of this style of operating with it's "screw you" attitude.
 Today, I wrote a letter to CQ magazing demanding that they disqualify
W2GD for unsportsmanlike conduct in accordance with their own rules. I
doubt seriously that anything will be done as the contest sponsors seem
to have no backbone when it come to standing up to rules infractions. To
sweeten the pot, I told them to either do the right thing or cancel my
subscription and refund the balance. The ONE thing they DO understand
is money! I urge all of you who want to put a stop to this kind of
operating to write to CQ and make your feelings known. If you are also
a subscriber, tell them to either enforce their rules or you will pull
your subscription. Together we can make a difference!

73, Roger N1RJ