[CQ-Contest] Control Op in Contest?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Control Op in Contest?
From: KR2Q@worldnet.att.net (Douglas Zwiebel)
Date: Fri Mar 7 00:35:48 1997
Gee...

This is NOT my understanding of this statement.  I have always taken this
"exception"
to mean that if (for example) KR2Q chats with P5AA, KR2Q IS permitted to ask
that
a message from KR2Q (or whomever) be QSP'ed to P5AB.  It has NOTHING to do
with a
control operator overseeing a "3rd party message" generated from inside his
shack,
by a licensed ham who would normally NOT be allowed to communicate AT ALL on
those
(extra class) freqs.  Don't forget, the REAL intent of "3rd party TRAFFIC"
is to pass
MESSAGES, not 59NJ!

To sum up, if you chat with a ham in a country that does NOT have a 3rd party
agreement, you CAN still request that a message be passed by that station (the
one you're talking to) if, AND ONLY IF, the message is to go TO another HAM in
that country!  SIMPLE!

de Doug  KR2Q@worldnet.att.net

[stuff deleted]
>>While not clear from this rule, it is clear from the Report &
>>Order that implemented the new rules in 1989 that if the "3rd party" is a
>>licensed amateur (regardless of license class or country of issue) the
>>international 3rd party prohibition does not apply. So, for example, a
>>Russian amateur can operate a US station in a DX contest even though he
>>can't get a reciprocal permit, as long as a US amateur is there as a control
>>operator.
[stuff delted]