[CQ-Contest] TH7DX INFO

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TH7DX INFO
From: csilver@riosoft.softex.br (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Date: Tue Mar 18 14:51:35 1997
Dear friends,

A local ham is selling a Hy-Gain TH7DX beam. My current set up has a Mosley
TA-33, in other words, a 3 el. triband Yagi. Is it worthy to replace the
TA-33 with the TH7DX? Does anyone have compared the TH7 with a 3 el triband
beam? Of course the TH7 is superior but how much better it really is. I
mean, in DB what would be the differences between the two beams considering
the same height per band?

I have heard that the Hy-gain engineers optmized the F/B and didn't care
much about FWD gain! Is that right? Is it much worse compared to the KLM
KT34XA? Also what is the difference between the TH7DX and TH7DXS?

I'll take a look at the antenna next saturday morning. The price looks good.
I can summarize the replies later.

73 and thank you guys,

Carlos - PY1CAS
E-mail: silver@ax.apc.org