[CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] TS440 Pitch

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] TS440 Pitch
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue May 6 22:57:21 1997
When I had a  TS-820, I changed it  to a center pitch of 500 Hz.  It
helps in contests to listen to the lowest possible pitch, as close by
signals are therefore a larger percentage away.  For example:  if you
listen to 800 Hz and an interfering signal is 80 Hz away, it is 10
percent away, and impossible for my ears to distinguish.  But if you
listen to 400 Hz and an interfering signal is 80 Hz away, it is now 20%
away, and I might be able to distinguish between them.

Fred Hopengarten  K1VR
617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105