[CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX
From: km0l@unix.tfs.net (Stephen C Lufcy)
Date: Mon May 26 10:21:13 1997
Randy-
I, too, dislike the abbreviated numbers. My computer is in shop and I had
to use my MFJ memory keyer in WPX. It generates the serial numbers using
abbreviations. When I got to those numbers I would slow the keyer down to
try to avoid having to repeat. The stateside guys seemed to always ask
for repeats, but the Europeans seemed to be pretty comfortable with it.
Guess it is what you are used to hearing. Anyway,my vote is to always
send the whole number, even though I didn't do it with my memory keyer.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC