[CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Mon May 26 18:18:31 1997
First let me thanks all those that patiently answered my CQ's

When I was sending below 20 WPM I was in the Gen/Adv part of the band
and trying to entice a response from some of the 13 WPM ops who "just
hand out a point or two".  On the other hand, when sending at 22 wpm
this is my optimum speed (at this time) and answers at 22 wpm are greatly
appreciated).

I found another odd signal this weekend.  (This was my first ever CW
single op effort) some ops are sending the letter "o".  I thought T meant
zero  what's an "o"?

Translating ANTA to 1901 slows everything down.  I think the practice
should be discouraged.  I started with this method but combined with my
generally weak signal I was doing extra repeats.

Having my fingers poised over the numeric keypad and then having to
figure out what was that caused me to miss the next characters.

73,  Dan,  KW4T