[CQ-Contest] CW Speed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Speed
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Wed May 28 11:40:39 1997
Hi Group,

I played with my sending speed and dropped as low as 16 wpm and up to
around 24 wpm when calling CQ.  I put spaces between the elements of my
call.  I took the spaces out.  No matter what I did, every hour of
calling CQ only produced about 6 QSO's.  I felt like a frustrated bass
fisherman trying this lure and that lure and this bait and that hook,
etc.

When I'd get an answer to my CQ, I usually had to wake-up from a cat-nap
and get a repeat!  (sorry)

My question is this... If I'm able to break pile-ups on 40LP, into EU and
AF, why don't I get more customers?

Am I really just generating QRM with my 100 Watts and Deltas?

I'd really appreciate feedback.

BTW,  I was glad to see John, W4UE, add a prefix to the mix.  I'm also
planning something like that when other KW4's join the WPX battle next
year.

73 from Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T