[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest/Towertalk

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest/Towertalk
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Thu May 15 01:46:01 1997
> I agree with George W2VJN. It's a shame all the contest antenna
> stuff has moved to Towertalk. I don't have time to subscribe to
> more than one reflector so I stick with CQ-Contest and I'm sure I'm
> missing some good contest antenna stuff on the other reflector.

Dave, I guess I'm confused here. You say all the contest antenna
stuff moved to Towertalk. If that's true then the whole of the
subjects; contests, antennas; are still the sum of the two
reflectors. It doesn't take any more time to subscribe to two or
three reflectors than it does to one, if the subjects are split up
like this. Try Towertalk in addition to Contest. I don't think you'll
be overwhelmed with time requirements.

I realize that the above argument is a little specious; after all
there are a few additional tower/antenna topics there than a
contester may be interested in. However, would we want the Contest
reflector cluttered up with a discussion of plastic owls for keeping
sparrows off the elements?

As I think of it, however, there aren't too many issues on Towertalk
that aren't germaine to the contester. But there are several issues
here that someone first putting up a tower/antenna might not be
interested in.

So I guess the way it's split makes more sense. Just use the <Delete>
key a bit more on the other reflector.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996