[CQ-Contest] FD Ops

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD Ops
From: 0006008716@mcimail.com (Doug Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 3 21:50:39 1997
Oh, yeah...the operating on FD is mostly terrible. Two examples from one hour o
on 40 SSB at N1NH...

N1NH: CQ Field Day, November one November Hotel
AB5YY: N1NH from AB5mush mush
N1NH: AB5something, 29A New Hampshire, give me your suffix again
AB5YY: That's AB fahv Y'all Y'all (etc.)

and

N1NH: W8XYZ (or whatever it was), 29 A New Hampshire
W8XYZ: ROGER ROGER ROGER...2A OHIO 2A OHIO 2A OHIO OVER
N1NH: QSL..73, N1NH QRZ Field Day
W8XYZ: CQ Field Day, W8XYZ, W8XYZ CQ Field Day.
N1NH: W8XYZ, Please QSY, I';ve been here...
W8XYZ: CQ Field Day (etc.)

(goes onm a minute or two)

N1NH: W8XYZ, can you do me a favor?
W8XYZ: Sure...what is it?
N1NH: See that big knob in the middle of the radio?
W8XYZ: Yes.
N1NH: When I count to three, spin it real fast before you call CQ again, OK?
W8XYZ: OK.
N1NH: 1 - 2 - 3 NOW!
W8XYZ:

frequency is now quite clear