[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ stations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HQ stations
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Tue Jul 15 22:47:18 1997
With apologies to all concerned, it seems as though the brouhaha
surrounding the existence of `too many' IARU HQ stations seems to warrant
the same sarcastic response as the `FD is too fun' message from a while
ago.

Democracy works like this: if the majority do not like a particular
candidate, then the majority does not vote for him and he gets
``unelected.'' That said, sarcasm follows:

MY GAWD! The NERVE of these people to actually activate official stations
belonging to IARU-member societies as IARU HQ stations, as specified in
the rules.

After all, how DARE these Philistines actually obey the rules?

Something MUST be done today. My preference is floggings at dawn, but
others may prefer executions. So be it.

We must stamp out every effort to enjoy a contest, shouldn't we?

Really, the fact that different parts of the world have access to more HQ
stations than others reflects more on the political wrangling within
non-represented countries than it does on the IARU's rule-making ability.

IARU should stay the course. After all, IARU has no impact on how many
member stations choose to activate.

73 all.

Kelly
ve4xt@mts.net