[CQ-Contest] QRPer runs 2KW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRPer runs 2KW
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Fri Jul 18 19:26:45 1997
On Friday, July 18, 1997 16:58 PM, Bill Coleman AA4LR[SMTP:aa4lr@radio.org]
wrote:

>OK, by the same reasoning, what contest rules obstacle is there to
>running 50 kW to get a station's attention, and then "working" him with
>only 1.5 kW? Then you can honestly sign the summary sheet where it says
>that you operated within the rules of your license for the duration of
>the contest.

No, you can't.  Don't most statements at the bottom of the summary
sheet say something as to your operating within the rules and regulations
of your licensing authority, as well as the contest?

E.G., ARRL FD Form:
This certifies that the station whose call appears above was operated
    in accordance with the current field day rules and that, to the best of
    my knowledge, the points and scores set forth in the above summary are
    correct and true. This station was operated in accordance with FCC
    rules and regulations. I agree to be bound by any decision of the ARRL
    Awards Committee.

After all, the time when you were running 50 kW didn't
>"count" for the contest.

Yeah, but I'll betchya that 50 kW "counts" for special attention
and an "award" (pink slip?) from the FCC.
73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

When KG5U calls 'em at 5 watts to work 'em at 5 watts,
they better by God hear me.  After all, I went to a lot of trouble to
reduce my power output to 5 watts.

 -
 ---