[CQ-Contest] Where are they now?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Where are they now?
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 15:07:10 1997
Hi Gang;

Starting with the November/December issue, I will be returning to the NCJ
staff as a monthly columnist. The new column will be called "Where Are They
Now?" It will focus on us gray-haired DXers/Contesters.

My intent is to share with the readers:
* For those who have been continuously active for 20+ years, what keeps you
interested, motivated and competitive?
* For those who were very active and dropped from the scene, where are they
now and why did they drop out?

I plan to interview a number of op's from each category every issue. I need
your help to make this successful.
* Who of you would like to be interviewed? I'd like photos and bio's.
* Who do you know of that has dropped out and you would like to know "where
are they now?"
* Who do you know that has dropped out and would be agreeable to have me
interview them for the column?
* Who do you know that we SHOULD NOT try to track down and interview?

My intent is to help us focus on keeping Dxing and contesting viable and
interesting to those active and to learn how to attract and keep new blood by
learning from our past.

I am available by e-mail (TomK5RC@aol.com), phone (702-847-7929,
800-396-8249), fax (702-847-7930) and I can scan in photos and return them to
you.

PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU!

73 and DX,

Tom Taormina, K5RC/7
Former Editor, NCJ, West Gulf DX Bulletin
DXCC #1, etc.