[CQ-Contest] Plaques on WWW?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Plaques on WWW?
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Mon Sep 29 06:11:39 1997
Hi Y'all,

Rich has an interesting idea.

On the other hand, I remember my first thought as I "went down the
stairs" for the first time at W3LPL.  The wall in the hall of the
stairwell is filled with plaques.  I was awe-struck!!  My own handfull
of certificates pales by comparison in the extreme.

I do have fun explaining to non-hams who come to visit what the
certificates are for and even more fun showing the collection of exactly
100 DXCC QSL's .  When I tell guests that those are cards from 100
different countries (Actual countries you can find on a map) they are
awe-struck.  Some day I might find a way to win a plaque, until then,
I'll hang up what I got.

Even a certificate that says #1 U.S.A. in some obscure catagory is
pretty nice.

73  Dan,  KW4T