[CQ-Contest] 40 meter operating practices

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40 meter operating practices
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Mon Oct 27 16:13:20 1997
One problem I had during the just completed CQWW was that the DX stations on
40 were very very lax in giving out their RX frequency.  I guess with the
advent of wide spread packet spotting networks the need for giving out such
trivial information has fallen below giving their call sign.  I can well
understand that when you have a vast sea of stations calling the need to
solicit more takes back seat to working those there but heck, it is very
frustrating to sit and listen to a DX station knock off the Q's and not have
a clue to where they are listening....almost as bad as not knowing the call
of the station doing it!

Please tell your RX frequency a little more often then every 5 minutes!!
BTW, one went 11 minutes before doing so.....wonder how many of the calls he
worked got their information via packet and will claim SO/UN??

73 Gary K7FR