[CQ-Contest] SS Exchange - Sending the other guys call.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Exchange - Sending the other guys call.
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Sat Nov 8 09:39:19 1997
I just woke up and haven't had my first cup of coffee yet
so perhaps I missed something here but were you the
one calling CQ or was he/she?  Hey, does that matter?

When somebody answers my CQ in SS I send:

their call   serial number  precedent  my call  ck  QTH

When I answer their CQ I *exclude* their call sign.

However, upon rereading the rules and examining the
example given in QST for the exchange,  it does show
that both call signs are to be exchanged.  Someone
could (and probably will) argue that only the station
answering the CQing station has to do this but this is
not in compliance with the rules as I understand them.
Each of us answers the other, so we are each
responsible for complying with this format.

I have been doing this wrong!  I will do it right in SSB.

With everyone giving the other person's call sign, this
will serve to reduce/remove any possible/probable
confusion as to who is working who.

73 Ric Wo4o (. . . that's Ridgetop, TN - not Rocky Top!)