[CQ-Contest] Re: Where was Zone 2 on 40 (and maybe other bands)?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Where was Zone 2 on 40 (and maybe other bands)?
From: dab@kaiwan.com (Doug Brandon)
Date: Mon Dec 1 11:41:02 1997

>  Worked 34 zones on 40 this weekend, but never heard zone 2!

Zone 2 was definitely the "stinker" this time around.  VE8WE answered our
CQ on 40 meters, and VE2UA was the only zone 2 station we heard working
pileups.  As the 20 meter op, I had 39 zones and zone 2 was the only missing
one (that's sad!!).  I heard VE2UA around 2000Z on Sunday way up at 14.071,
but he was pretty weak, and I couldnt get thru the wall of east coasters
who were the only ones working him.

   73 de Doug, N6RT  (20m op @ W6BA)

  Doug Brandon        http://www.kaiwan.com/~dab       dab@kaiwan.com