[CQ-Contest] CQWWCW lowbands from HS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWWCW lowbands from HS
From: la7jo@loxinfo.co.th (Stig Lindblom)
Date: Thu Dec 4 10:18:28 1997
HI from Bangkok !

At HS0AC, and other stations in HS, we tried to make a special effort
on 80 and 160m this year. It was the first time ever there were given
a general permission to operate 160 and 80m.

The WARC bands and 80 + 160m is still not open in Thailand.

Unfortunately the conditions were VY much down from last year, when we
were able to wk quite a lot of stations on 160 and 80.
The noise was just terrible. We often heard ("sensed") there were people
calling, but there were just not possible to pick medium and low signals
out of the noise.

There is a lot of AM stations on around the 160m. band in Thailand.

When these are on, it's quite impossible to do any reasonable good
longhaul DX from the Bangkok-area.
They close down sometime short after midnight and comes on again
just before 5 o'clock in the morning.

Anyway, HS0/SM3DYU Sam, E21CJN Tham and myself spent the most
of the weekend trying to give out zone 26 on the lowbands.
So, to those of you that called us without getting through, now you
might understaand why.

VY 73 de Stig  LA7JO  (at HS0AC)
Bangkok