[CQ-Contest] e-log submissions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] e-log submissions
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Thu Dec 4 09:11:27 1997
This has been an interesting experience.  Thus far, I have submitted CQWW
phone logs and ARRL SS CW logs electronically, following both sponsor's
rules.  Here is a summary of what happened:

CQWW:

* logs sent electronically to e-mail address 11/26, deadline 12/1;
* within minutes, I received an e-mail confirmation saying SOMETHING had
been received by CQWW;
* later that day, I saw on the CQWW web page my logs had been received;
* about the same time, I received via e-mail a more detailed confirmation
of receipt, including a passcode and a hypertext link to a web page to
actually look at the contents of my log to confirm they had been received
without errors;  they had.

GREAT!  Now, the story of the ARRL submittal:

* CW SS logs submitted electronically via e-mail on 12/1, deadline 12/3;
* On 12/2, no confirmation of any sort of receipt;
* On 12/3, no confirmation of any sort of receipt.  Since that is the
deadline for postmarking of logs, I sent several e-mails to the league
asking if they had been received.  I was going to call on the phone, but
it was after closing time.  I was wondering if I needed to print out
paper logs and rush to the post office to mail them;
* Today, 12/4, one day after the deadline, I got an e-mail reply saying
they should be contacting me soon to confirm receipt, that they are
buried in logs.  I hope that, if they CAN'T confirm receipt, they will
accept a resubmittal...and I won't really be sure if what they RECEIVED
was what I had actually SENT.

NOT SO GREAT!

It sure would be nice if the league would follow the lead of CQWW and put
the information onto their web page to make life easier.  Perhaps someone
in the CQWW committee who developed their software and web page could
assist the league personnel?  Perhaps any league directors, CAC reps,
and/or other officials on this reflector could take note of this
situation and make some suggestions?  The ARRL web page is a great help
in getting rules and the like, this would be a great improvement!

I guess I had better get the phone logs for SS printed out this evening
and submit it a couple of weeks ahead of the deadline, "just in case".

73, Jim  N6IG