[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-850 vs TS-870

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-850 vs TS-870
From: yates@netride.com (John Yates)
Date: Fri Dec 5 06:18:24 1997
Just replaced my TS-940/500hz filters with a new TS-870.  No comparison.
The 870 has the quietest receiver I've ever heard and handles the wall of
sound on 75 meter phone better than I have ever heard.  A real pleasure to
listen to on both phone and CW.  One of the guys in the review said it best;
copying cw on this rig is like listening to code tapes.  I'm sure the 870
could be improved, but with the digital filtering and quad conversion
receiver it is certainly no slouch.  BTW, some of the other rigs I've owned
are the FT-1000D, Omni V, and Corsair II.