[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single
From: k0hb@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Sat Dec 6 23:37:44 1997
On Sat, 06 Dec 1997 06:54:54 -0500 "John W. Thompson MD" <k3md@penn.com>
writes:

>2.  For CQWW and ARRL DX, there should be NO SINGLE OP unassisted
>class,  there is too much cheating going on.

With all due respect to your friends, I must characterize the above
statement
as an ill-conceived and dangerous idea.  The traditional single op, not
assisted,
slugging it out just on his/her own efforts MUST remain as a category.
Taking
away that category rips the guts out of both contests for "Joe
Tribander".

If there is cheating (I suppose there are those who even cheat playing
"solitaire") it would not be hard to spot with a little cooperation from
other
ops on the cluster.  If we are to close a category because of cheaters,
then
I guess we need to close all categories except a new "Unlimited".

73, de Hans, K0HB